Custom designed and manufactured aluminium gearbox based on drill gearboxes.
- 481g approx
- 36:1 total with 2 stage 6:1 gear reductions
- 550 RPM approx at 11.1v (12v motor)
- 12v and 18v RS550 2.1Amp run current available
- Rugged design with all metal gearbox
- 2 bearings positioned to stop gearbox locking from axle, shear, bending and torsional loads. The output shaft cannot shift into the gearbox causing it to jam.
- Designed with full drive motor pinion in mesh
- Multiple mounting options with M6 holes
- Drill shaft output and 4mm keyway on output shaft
- 1 year in development from 3D printed design to full CNC machining from aerospace grade aluminium
- Can fit to RS550 motor or motor with either 19mm or 25mm M3 or 29mm M4 spacing. Note the pinion gear requirement for this model is too small, so that a 775 5mm shaft would not fit.
I have another gearbox that would suit the 775 motor. More details to follow.
- Uses 9 tooth motor pinion gear (~3.1mm shaft).
- LH Screw fitted.
- TESTED in battle at the BBB event this month. No issues! No Jams!
- Testing on 80mm wheels on low 3S lipo
- Testing on 125mm wheels on low 3s lipo
- More stock coming in 1 week, give me time to machine them :)Please note, I machine them on my personal CNC mill which is stored at work, and therefore only get to make them after work when I am working in the office. This is the reason for the delay in making these. I am continually making them and when I have a batch I release them for sale.
- Prototype development pictures: